We'll have bizarre celebrations

I'm tired et je ne sais quoi dire.
I go back to Uni in two days, and I'm not looking forward to it, if only because I've finally got into the swing of relaxing.
I'll work harder this semester.
The bad thing is I don't have to work hard to get pretty good grades.
The paper I studied least for, I got an A+ in, but that's really only because languages (French) are my forté.
My other grades were pretty dandy, so I must remember to work a little more and get all A+s this semester.
I'm really only rambling for rambling's sake, but I think that's okay every once in a while.
I'm liking writing more that rambling, though.
Because who really cares when I write about what happens in my day to day life?
Not me, not you, not the rapist behind you.
Ahh, I don't remember what I was going to write about.

Oh, I had the Mud, Sweat and Tears race again last weekend. Mud, Sweat and Tears round two, I suppose.
I was a LOT less fit than last year, but still managed to come sixth, and only twenty seconds behind last year's time.
So hopefully I'll be fit and healthy and dandy till next year so I can just go ahead and win it, eh?

Thankfully the sun was out this year!


This meant that the mud crawl under barbed wire that took away my breath last year wasn't quite so bad, and I didn't get the needles-stabbing-in-my-legs kinda feeling either, which was dandy, and at no point this year did I think I would become hypothermic.
After all, it was apparently a toasty negative three degrees just before the race began... At 11am.


An incredulous look at the sombrero wearing man beside me- time wasting, Siobhan, time wasting!


Trying to remember how to run


Trench wading

What watermarks? Whatever do you mean?

There were a few extra obstacles this year along with the old ones, such as a 2.5m wall to scale. The trenches weren't waist deep this year, only ankle/calf, which makes me think that the only reason they were so deep last year is because it was raining before and during the race!



And looking ever so slightly less clean with my cup of soup and Fraser at the end.

Good, clean fun, and I'm looking forward to next year!

Comments

Baino said…
Gawd. Looks like fun anyway!
Steve Isaak said…
Interesting, fun write.
Brian Miller said…
any race that includes mud and barbed wire has got a place in my book...smiles.