So I went Piloxing



A couple of years ago, I heard about Piloxing- and it sounded ridiculous. I laughed, and couldn't believe that such a thing existed. Pilates and boxing combined, and they even had Piloxing Barre- which somehow combined Pilates, Boxing, and ballet barre work!!
Anyway, my friend and I had a good chuckle about it, and I sort of just shook my head at the fitness industry.

And then today I went along.

I've been teaching a lot more classes recently, and even created some small group training classes which have gone really well, but I haven't been to any classes outside of the gym I work in for over 2 years. I think it's good to take classes with other instructors, for inspiration, but also just because I love fitness classes, and I love keeping fit.

So anyway, I started a new job in October, and happen to work right next to a studio that offers Piloxing.

And I have to say, it is really fun!

The instructor was great, and reminded me a lot of my favourite instructor from my gym I went to in high school. It was really great to see a really successful, really enthusiastic instructor- I miss the 'party' vibe of Les Mills, and this instructor today had the same sort of vibe.
The class was a little bit ridiculous, but that was part of what made it so good. Instructors who aren't afraid to be a little silly, a little out there- they're the ones who make classes really enjoyable.

And the marketing. So well done. Really. I actually went home and started looking into Piloxing instructor courses. Who knows?

Anyway, I think I'll keep going.

Comments