Watch the world die
In the dark I sat up and saw the figure at the end of my bed.
I couldn't blink, couldn't scream, couldn't weep.
All I could ask was, "Who are you?"
And he said,
"I'm the forget-me-not state.
I'm the foreigner.
I'm the thought in the back of your mind.
I'm Stargirl.
I'm the one that carries you home at night.
I'm the liquid that intoxicates you.
I'm the confuser."
I heard him take a step closer.
"I'm the ambiguous answer.
I am the peck on your cheek on a frosty night.
I'm the accuser, I'm the hypocrite.
I'm the jailor, I'm the key.
I'm an addict, I'm an intellect.
I'm the runaway, I'm a disappearing act.
I'm the forbidden."
I blinked sleepily into the blackness and rubbed my eyes as I lay back down and he crept closer.
"Then who am I?"
I couldn't blink, couldn't scream, couldn't weep.
All I could ask was, "Who are you?"
And he said,
"I'm the forget-me-not state.
I'm the foreigner.
I'm the thought in the back of your mind.
I'm Stargirl.
I'm the one that carries you home at night.
I'm the liquid that intoxicates you.
I'm the confuser."
I heard him take a step closer.
"I'm the ambiguous answer.
I am the peck on your cheek on a frosty night.
I'm the accuser, I'm the hypocrite.
I'm the jailor, I'm the key.
I'm an addict, I'm an intellect.
I'm the runaway, I'm a disappearing act.
I'm the forbidden."
I blinked sleepily into the blackness and rubbed my eyes as I lay back down and he crept closer.
"Then who am I?"
Comments