I'm nothing in between (You know you wouldn't want it any other way)

There was a time when I used to blog about every little thing that happened in my life. Just the day to day ramblings, you know?

But sometime last year, I started posting a little fiction, and now my blog seems to be overrun with experimental writing or just plain crazy, middle of the night ramblings.

So I have final exams coming up, the first one in two days, and I've been trying a technique.

Now, I don't know if it works. I'm skeptical, but hell, I need all the help I can get.

So, I've been listening to my anatomy and physiology lectures while I sleep.
I know, I know, that's not gonna make me pass!

But I'm hoping, that on top of my study, it'll make things click a little easier.
Last night was the second night trying it, and I found it a little harder to sleep than the first.

The first night was Sunday, and I hadn't slept till 5am that morning, so I waited till 1am when I was feeling tired, put the headphones in, and tried not to think.
I slept relatively well, I woke up a couple of times and heard the lecturers chatting away, but I think that possibly I stir that much usually anyway, but was more aware of it because of the voices in my ears.
I also woke up once because the headphones had fallen out, but just pust them back in and slept again.

And so again last night, off to bed at 1.30am, but not feeling quite as tired as I hoped. Took a little longer to get to sleep, and when I stirred, I stayed awake for a couple of minutes longer.

What is interesting though, is what happened when I woke up both mornings.

On Monday morning, I woke just as a lecture on the nervous system was beginning, and the lecturer asked what the three layers of the meninges were. Dura mater, arachnoid mater, pia mater.
Now, I hadn't revised this at all, so I couldn't believe I remembered! And then, he asked a question about the cerebrospinal fluid, and bam, I knew the answer!

This morning, before I woke, I had a dream that I was walking through university with one of the boy from the School of Phys. Ed.
But I wasn't doing any of the talking, he was. I was just laughing and he 'mocked' one of my lecturers- repeating everything he said about immunology in the perfect scottish accent!
And then when I woke, I realised everything he'd been saying was in the lecture I woke up to!

I'm not saying I'm sold, but like I said, I need all the help I can get, and the mind is a powerful thing!

Comments

Baino said…
I'm trying the same thing with a stop smoking self hypnotherapy CD. It seems to work. Maybe I'm just prone to suggestion, I dunno but hey, whatever works right? Good luck with your exams.