Theme Thursday - Ball

Oh, Theme Thursday, why must you do this to me?
Don't act all coy, you know what I'm talking about.
Throwing all these curveball themes at me when I'm tired and have been working like a motherbitch.
Ah ah ah! Not so fast.
I'm not done.
You remember the Polka Dot theme don't you?
Yeah, that's right.
(And then the hilarity that ensued when I was wrongly named as the person responsible for the theme.)
Now you can't deny that you try to leave me stumped for blogging inspiration.
Don't pretend that you don't do this just so when I get home from work on a Thursday night I can stare at the screen and think, hmmmm.

Seriously, my bloggy friends, I'm a bit knackered, and a little bit buzzy after a really busy night at work.
It may be the holidays for me, but I'm working six days a week- five days taking sport based holiday programs, which I love, and three nights waitressing in the local indian restaurant, which is good but I'm only new, so it's hard!

Anyway, back to the theme. I'd originally planned to blog about the World Cup-
I've actually managed to refrain from doing so really!
Which is funny, because I'm obsessed!
I honestly think I'm going to be very sad once the final is over.
No more getting up at 2am, 5.30am, whatever the games require.

And my goodness, didn't the All Whites play well.
After Winston Reid's first goal, I swear, I could've kissed him!

I don't really think the New Zealanders believed in them a whole lot until that first game against Slovakia.

My goodness, that second game against Italy.

Incredibly stressful! After doing well in the first game, playing against Italy suddenly seemed incredibly terrifying. The thought of not doing well!
And then we drew.
AGAIN.

But that final game, sort of had my hopes up too much.
Oh and the chances we had.
Really, we did.
If it had been the first game, we would've been stoked.
A draw! We would've been over the moon.
But this meant we weren't through to the next stage.
Absolutely gutting.

To be honest though, the All Whites exceeded my expectations. And man, did they inspire the kids that I coach for football!
Our Saturday games were awesome, and they still are at the moment!
New Zealand seems to be becoming a bit more of a football nation. I remember the day after New Zealand versed Italy, seeing a kid dribbling a ball down the road on his way to school, haha.

But back to my knackered-ness.
So yeah, I've been rushed off my feet.
Maybe I'm overdoing it yet again.
But I'm having a ball.
So many good things happened today.
I went to physio and finally I think my legs are going to be fixed!
I tried on my outfit for the Rocky Horror Picture Show party and I -uh- certainly look the part!
Work was damn good, long, but damn good.
The people I work with are awesome.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I've always been incredibly blessed with my jobs, I haven't had one I've disliked yet. And I've had four, more than most of my friends.

Anyway, best get off to bed, my eyes are closing themselves!

Comments

Gayle said…
My first time here. What an enjoyable post to read. Boy, you're busy, but sounds like you're having a BALL!
tony said…
You Have Every reason To Be Proud Of The All Whites.Which is more than this England fan can say!
Brian Miller said…
smiles. glad you are having a ball as it sounds you have been quite busy...so no more suggesting these odd themes eh? is this one your fault too? smiles. happy tt!
PattiKen said…
Knackered or not, you wrote a very enjoyable post. I'm glad to hear you're seeing some improvement in your legs.
Kris McCracken said…
Give him the heater Ricky.
Betsy Brock said…
Well, I had a 'ball' reading this! LOL!
Baino said…
Haha you're crazy excited! The worst thing about the world cup finishing is well have to give back the huge telly that one of Clare's friends lent us. I've really got used to the big screen! And yes, pains me to say it but well done Kiwis.