Theme Thursday - Pets

My favourite Missy in the whole wide world!
Missy is about seven or eight now. She doesn't really celebrate her birthday, except for an extra long walk. She might seem small but she loves going for an hour and a half walk in the hills- if you let her off the leash, she'll make that into a run. However, she hates running uphill with me when she's on the leash, I have to let her off or she slows me down (Perhaps out of spite- as the second you let her off the leash, she runs around like crazy).

I don't know. I don't think I'd get another dog if Missy died. She's absolutely crazy, but she has so much personality. She's really pretty obedient, apart from being yappy. She sounds awesome when she howls when the fire sirens go off though!

When she was a young'un, she looked identical to a fox cub. Although I know a few people these days who think she's ugly!

Really though, I think Missy is a very good judge of people.
If people come over and say they love her, I instantly like them a little bit more.
And the people who hate her?
Well, some of them turned out to be not so nice characters.

Re what I said earlier, I feel like there should be no more dogs after Missy. Is this a little like how you feel at the end of a relationship with a human? You think, "Never again," whether it's out of respect for that particular person, or simply because you don't feel as though you can go through all the hassle again, or perhaps because it was too hard to lose them?
Possibly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
MISSY IS MY FAVOURITE
Baino said…
Ah you'll see, once a dog lover, always a dog lover. But don't count her chickens too early! Little dogs tend to have pretty huge life spans. she's very cute. I love dogs that howl at Sirens! Mine just barks at rabbits!
Cheryl said…
Missy is adorable. Never again. Too tough to make the decision to euthanize her when it was time.
PattiKen said…
Missy sounds like a nice pet (except for the "yappy" part. I suspect you'll someday find another you'll love just as much.