Sleeping between Trucks
"Oh, Forrest. You'll sort it out!"
This is how my mother greeted me as I gingerly stepped into the car after my beautiful run that was cut short tonight.
I have been going stir crazy, and running is one of the things that helps me to clear my head and just generally escape.
Now tonight, it really was a fabulous run.
I had a very late night last night, after an awesome after party.
In fact, I'll put a photo of Chloe and I right here to lighten the mood.

There.
Anyway, this evening it was dark and spitting outside, and I had to be rather convincing before I was allowed to go. Of course I would be safe! I'd take my cellphone!
And it was really only when they realised how confused and distressed I was that they let me go. (They being the parents, of course.)
So off I ran, and I was surprised at how fast I was able to run, particularly with having arrived home at 4.30am this morning. I ran past Eddy and said hi, and when he asked how I was I just said I was coping and kept running.
I varied my route a little, with more hills than usual (possibly not such a good idea for the shin splints, but I wasn't too fussed). And I was over halfway, running on Reserve Terrace, when I rolled my ankle. I've rolled my ankle before when running, and usually its okay, but this time it really wasn't, and I had to collapse onto the wet sidewalk as initially I was unable to stand.
Now, when you've gone for a run to make yourself feel less hopeless, rolling your ankle and leaving you helpless out in the dark, rainy night actually tends to make you feel more hopeless.
I limped the rest of Reserve Terrace, down Stevenson's Steep, down the Gaol steps, and the way to Winchester, where I tried calling my mum again, and she came and picked me up.
Forrest, eh?
A lucky guy really. He ran for years straight and didn't have shin splints, never got a hairline fracture in his foot, didn't sprain or roll his ankle, I wonder if he even got blisters?
And little Siobhan, after being able to run for so long, last year gets injured so badly that she can no longer run more than twenty minutes without facing the consequences.
This is how my mother greeted me as I gingerly stepped into the car after my beautiful run that was cut short tonight.
I have been going stir crazy, and running is one of the things that helps me to clear my head and just generally escape.
Now tonight, it really was a fabulous run.
I had a very late night last night, after an awesome after party.
In fact, I'll put a photo of Chloe and I right here to lighten the mood.

There.
Anyway, this evening it was dark and spitting outside, and I had to be rather convincing before I was allowed to go. Of course I would be safe! I'd take my cellphone!
And it was really only when they realised how confused and distressed I was that they let me go. (They being the parents, of course.)
So off I ran, and I was surprised at how fast I was able to run, particularly with having arrived home at 4.30am this morning. I ran past Eddy and said hi, and when he asked how I was I just said I was coping and kept running.
I varied my route a little, with more hills than usual (possibly not such a good idea for the shin splints, but I wasn't too fussed). And I was over halfway, running on Reserve Terrace, when I rolled my ankle. I've rolled my ankle before when running, and usually its okay, but this time it really wasn't, and I had to collapse onto the wet sidewalk as initially I was unable to stand.
Now, when you've gone for a run to make yourself feel less hopeless, rolling your ankle and leaving you helpless out in the dark, rainy night actually tends to make you feel more hopeless.
I limped the rest of Reserve Terrace, down Stevenson's Steep, down the Gaol steps, and the way to Winchester, where I tried calling my mum again, and she came and picked me up.
Forrest, eh?
A lucky guy really. He ran for years straight and didn't have shin splints, never got a hairline fracture in his foot, didn't sprain or roll his ankle, I wonder if he even got blisters?
And little Siobhan, after being able to run for so long, last year gets injured so badly that she can no longer run more than twenty minutes without facing the consequences.
Comments