Poprocks & Coke

This evening, I cried in my car.
I didn't cry for any particular reason, rather for lots of little reasons.

I cried for the thirty cents I owed the gentle-natured man at the petrol station.
I cried for the friends who have been suddenly revealed as being rather two-faced.
I cried for the person who the song playing reminded me of.
I cried for the friends I've loved.
I cried for the friends I've lost.
I cried for my own hedonistic nature.
I cried for my masochistic tendencies.
I cried for the oxymoron this seemed to create.
I cried for the relationships that were once so strong in my life.
I cried for those that have grown to be some of the best relationships.
I cried for the relationships that will never end.
I cried for who I used to be.
I cried for who I've become.
I cried for my failures.
I cried for my achievements.
I cried for how far I've come.
I cried for those who have turned against me.
I cried for those who continue to support me.
I cried for the relationships I'll lose in the future, and the ones I'll gain.
I cried for all this and more.
And the worst part was, I couldn't cry enough.

But, looking out over Lyttelton and Christchurch from The Bridle Path with Laurissa tonight, I remembered that life is beautiful. And I'm glad that I can be reminded.

Comments

jojoxox said…
I'm gonna give you an extra big hug 2mo when i see you :( love you
Baino said…
Awww sweetie, sometimes there's nothing more cathartic than a good wallow and a hard cry! Feel better.
Anonymous said…
Its Kathy, I love you death and so much more.