Tethered

 At some point you realise just how much it's all the same thing - work, relationships, life choices.

I'm thinking about moving on to another team to replace the hole that's left by the last one. Is that anything different to finding a new man to distract me? But I don't do that anymore, do I.

I guess with a team, I know it's temporary.

What is love? It's threatening to force feed me pasta before an interview.

What is love? It's the "I love you," that comes through clear and true when I need it most, even though we haven't said it in half a decade.

What is love? It's the part of us that is going to be Leo and Barbara forever. You'll have your family, I don't know what I'll have. But we'll always have each other.

What is love? It's the bros joining in on The Bit just to make me feel a little less small.

Everyone has to learn to move along without me. And perhaps it won't feel like such a big sacrifice to them.

Comments